If you watch the fusion grain show on the BYU channel you will learn from a grain expert that millet is very good for you. I would like to share with you one of his homemade millet refried bean recipes. We just had it tonight for dinner and the boys asked for seconds. We had it with tortillas to make into burritos but you can just eat it as a side or even over chips and make it into a mexican salad. This is super healthy, clean, and easy.
3 cups of dried pinto or black beans (super cheap at Walmart)
1/4 cup uncooked millet (got mine at sprouts)
9 cups of water
1 tsp. salt
1 T. olive oil
Place beans, millet, and water in a crock pot on high for 6 hours. After the beans are soft mash or blend them in the pot to make into however chuncky or smooth you want. Then add oil and salt.
Got all the ingredients to try it! I'm excited!
ReplyDeleteGot all the ingredients to try it! I'm excited!
ReplyDelete